This is an author's blog written by Pico Triano. 'Pico's Profile' will tell you a little about me. 'Pico's Stuff' will lead you to links and information on how you can access all my publicly available writing. 'Friends and Family' advertises websites on behalf of family and friends. The 'Friend Book Reviews' page is where I review materials written by the many friends I have made as a writer. Finally I recently added a review page for general reviews.

Friday 3 May 2013

Camp NaNoWriMo Success!

Congratulations are in order for my three participating children. Mieke completed her manuscript "Shadow Alliance". Andrew finished his called "The Lost Medallion". Finally Brandon completed his first book manuscript ever with "Galdathor: Legacy of the Lost King". I got seriously derailed. My goal wasn't to complete a full manuscript but to finish one I already started. Too much life got in the way of my efforts. Between housing concerns, kidney stone pain and work on LSDL, I just didn't get it done. Progress was made though so I'm not complaining. Next Camp NaNoWriMo is in July. We will all likely try to participate again.

NaNoWriMo is a terrific organization that promotes the art of writing. It has led to a lot of new published writers. Personally I am not in a position to make a direct financial donation. There are things that anyone can do to help whether you are a participant or not. If the urge strikes you take a look at the following link: http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/donatingwhenbroke. Since myLot no longer pays me to use their search engine, I will be using the GoodSearch one that donates to NaNoWriMo. As a writer I do a lot of researching online. It's great that worthy cause can benefit alongside me. I would add them as a search option here on my blog but I haven't figured out whether that can be done or not.

For those interested in reading the material my children have produced, right now you're out of luck. They don't maintain online portfolios like I do (I can't afford that either). They also haven't created their own writing blogs like I have. Not to worry. Sooner or later at least Mieke will do all those things. My portfolio is maintained on www.writing.com.  I earn my upgraded membership there by doing a considerable amount of review work for other writers. I've never actually shelled out any money there. It is a lot of work though and I just don't have the time to earn enough points for all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment