This is an author's blog written by Pico Triano. 'Pico's Profile' will tell you a little about me. 'Pico's Stuff' will lead you to links and information on how you can access all my publicly available writing. 'Friends and Family' advertises websites on behalf of family and friends. The 'Friend Book Reviews' page is where I review materials written by the many friends I have made as a writer. Finally I recently added a review page for general reviews.

Tuesday 5 March 2013

LSDL Character Development Part IV

There are a whole raft of secondary characters and they all got developed to one degree or another. I started off writing out complete profiles for all my characters before putting them in action in my book. At the start it did help especially with the main characters. I used a basic form which I saw in Robert J Ray's book The Weekend Novelist. Doing the background work helped. In all honesty for the minor characters of the book this process was over thinking things a little. A character who is going to be on the stage for short period of time doesn't really need hours of preparation before going on. NaNoWriMo style writing got me through a lot of the over thinking. Some of those lesser characters just got tossed in and I think they turned out just fine.

Related Articles and Links

Sneak Peek: Let Sleeping Dogs Lie Chapter I
Making a new major character for Rat in the Shadows
LSDL Character Development Part I
LSDL Character Development Part II
LSDL Character Development Part III

No comments:

Post a Comment